Hey y'all! Thanks for checking out my blog on my new website. I will be gradually catching up on posts from my time as time as an intern at The Flint Journal.
Thanks for looking!
1. Justin Mahoney, right, of Flint, sits in the front seat with Sarah Tanner, left, of Flint, while Ryan Tanner, 5, plays in the front seat and Brook Mahoney, 3, hangs out in the back seat while they sit in Mahoney's 1959 Ford Custom 300 in the US-23 Drive-In Theater lot during the Back to the Bricks Drive-In movie event on August 12, 2014. The car has been in Mahoney's family for 45 years, but spent the last 30 years in storage until Mahoney fixed it up. It was passed down from his grandfather to his mother, who drove it throughout her high school years.
2. Students of the Beecher homecoming court and their escorts hang out by the grandstands while waiting to go out on the field during halftime at the Beecher vs. Corunna game at Beecher in Flint on Sept. 26, 2014. Beecher won the game 33-7.
3. Police lights flash on a woman as she stands by and watches the scene where a man was shot and killed at Brothers Food Center on N. Saginaw Street in Flint on Sept. 28, 2014.
4. Students line the walls of the gymnasium and raise their hands hoping to be picked to play the "Cookie Monster" as part of a game during the first day of school at Central Elementary School in Davison on Sept. 8, 2014.
5. Raquan Robinson, 14, center, smiles as he throws the ball towards the basket as he and Travohn Floyd, 13, left, and Dominique Seabron, 13, right, play basketball in the street in Flint on Sept. 23, 2014.
6. A large University of Michigan-Flint sign painted onto the road is seen at the intersection of Kearsley and Wallenburg Street in downtown Flint on Sept. 24, 2014.
7. Trinity Baptist Church Pastor and youth group leader Aaron Burden, of Flushing, left, laughs and jokes around with students as they play basketball during youth group in Flushing on Sept. 3, 2014.
8. A group of people gather around a table as they look at maps that outline a proposed natural gas line by ET Rover Pipeline LLC that would pass through Genesee County during an information meeting for affected residents at Spring Meadows Country Club in Linden on Sept. 16, 2014.
9. Kearsley High School football coach Jeff Putnam talks to his offensive players during half time during their game against Goodrich High School in Goodrich on Sept. 6, 2014. Goodrich won the game 31-14.
10. Goodrich High School cheerleaders shield their eyes from the sun during the Goodrich vs. Kearsley Flint Metro League game in Goodrich on Sept. 6, 2014. Goodrich won the game 31-14.