1. Ellis Thrasher, 46, poses in the hallway with his walker decorated as Santa's Sleigh in Flint on Dec. 17, 2014. Thrasher started the tradition last year after someone in his apartment building raised the question about why nobody decorates their walker. Thrasher uses the walker for various health issues. “Kids even from two years old all the way to people 97 years old have been enjoying this and everything. So I like to see everybody smile and stuff."
2. Volunteers hang out and talk as they wait for people to come up and get food during a free thanksgiving dinner at the North End Soup Kitchen in Flint on Nov. 27, 2014.
3. Davison High School students Caleb Gulledge, 17, left, hands down boxes of food from a bus while Cameron Morin, 17, right, hands off a box to someone to carry as they volunteer for the Cool to Care Campaign at First Baptist Church in Davison on Dec. 3, 2014. The food will go to to benefit Outreach East, a local food bank in Davison.
4. The "Textbook Terminators" team watches other members as they compete in a Lego Robotic competition at Carman-Ainsworth Middle School in Flint on Dec. 13, 2014.
5. Abbi Steenhagen, 13, from Grandville Middle School, hangs out beside members of her team, the "Orange Lego Batman", during a Lego Robotics competition at Carman-Ainsworth Middle School in Flint on Dec. 13, 2014.
6. From left to right homeschooled students from Allendale Alex Carrel, 14, Jaden Kraker, 11, Andrew Carrel, 11, and David Dew, 12, test out their robot during a Lego Robotics competition at Carman-Ainsworth Middle School in Flint on Dec. 13, 2014.
7. Shakayla Asher, 14, watches as Jalil Smith, 9, and Aaliyah Malone, 9, play a game of air hockey while hanging out at Karen Malone's home in Mt. Morris Township on Dec. 30, 2014.
8. A plastic Santa Clause is seen inside the donation center of The Old Newsboys in Flint on Dec. 10, 2014.
9. Cynthia Neeley, center, holds hands in the middle of the aisle as the crowd prays after the swearing in service for state representative Sheldon Neeley at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Flint on Dec. 18, 2014.
10. Maria Smith passes through the narrow entry way to go outside as she leaves her family's home that is built around a camper in Holly Township on Dec. 3, 2014. The Smith family has been in a five-year struggle with the government over their land.